I think I remember saying that February was going to be a month of rest and relaxation. Why is it that every time I say that, the month ends up being one of the craziest yet? So many unexpected meetings, sessions, and other life things popped up during February. I feel like it was a whirlwind of a month.
As I have sat down to think about my goals for this month, I want to be intentional about them. I want these goals to be things that inspire me to be better, push me to move forward, and challenge me to go above and beyond. Sometimes it's hard for me to set goals. I find myself wanting to only set goals that I know will happen so that I can complete them. Sharing goals that will be hard ones to accomplish is tough because there is a chance that they may not happen.
BUT...sharing goals is what keeps me accountable to make them happen. So, with all that said, here are my monthly goals for March (simple ones and hard ones)!
- Shoot 3 weddings. Wedding season started this past Saturday! I am preparing myself for a full 7 months of shooting weddings, and I'm super pumped about all the love stories that I get the opportunity to capture!
- Stir my affections for things that are fulfilling. I can find myself in a downward spiral when I start to compare myself to others be it in life or in the photography world. It's something that is so easy to do but hard to get out of. This month I want to set my mind on things that will fulfill me: my identity in Christ, nature (which is where most of my inspiration comes from), and deep relationships with those around me.
- Visit my brother in LA! I can't even tell you how excited I am to see Chris in LA at the end of March. I'm ready for sunshine, warm weather, good conversation, playing around with film, and just relaxing with my bro.
- Take time to focus on a personal project. As an artist and also a business owner, it is hard to separate the two sometimes. I can't even remember the last time I did some sort of fine art project or just something that I wanted to do just because. Those are the things that stir my creativity the most and yet I don't take the time to do them. This month I want to at least start planning and thinking and focusing my mind on one that I would like to do.
- Start figuring out how to market myself for destination weddings. Y'all. This one totally freaks me out to just type. I don't even know where to start when it comes to destination weddings, as I have never done one before. I have such a huge heart for travel and adventure, and destination weddings have been on my heart recently as something I would love to try and pursue. It terrifies me yet gets me so. pumped. up.
What are your goals for March? I hope you all are planning a super fabulous month!