August went by way too fast. I am pretty sure that just yesterday I was sitting down to write my August goals. This past month has kind of been a nutty one. Will's parents came into town, we celebrated our 2nd anniversary, we visited our best friends in Nashville, we started puppy training, and I announced a big change in my business that will be coming soon (if you missed that post, make sure you read it here)! Will also started a new job that you can read about on his website here. I am so proud of the way that Will is following his dreams and being obedient to what the Lord has clearly called him to do! All in all, August was a jam-packed, super fun and exciting month.
September is going to hold some fantastic things. It is the start of a new season (my favorite...fall!) which means cooler weather (fingers crossed!) and pumpkin scented candles. It is also going to be exciting as I embark on this new adventure that I will be on business-wise. All of this change definitely makes me a little jittery, but this kind of change is good change...and I am welcoming it with open arms. September...here I come!
Completed August Goals
- Celebrate our 2 year anniversary
- Complete our house projects
- Host Will’s parents
- Get my bio video made
- Take Rigby to training class
- Shoot one wedding
- Complete all my edits for July weddings/sessions
- Visit our friends in Nashville
- Start preparing new marketing materials
- Have my bio video made. This is starting tomorrow! Clayton of Stringer Productions will be filming my bio video for the next 3 days and I couldn't be more excited!!
- Get moving on rebranding. I finally made the decision to hire someone to do my rebranding instead of trying to do it myself. After changing my mind a trillion times (not an exaggeration) about what I wanted, I decided to put it in someone else's hands. That all starts this month!
- Complete Rigby's puppy training. We started puppy training at the end of August and will finish at the end of September!
- Finish editing August weddings/sessions
- Photograph one wedding
- Start building my portfolio for my new lifestyle approach. I talked about this in my previous post about the big change that I am making in my lifestyle photography. This month I am hoping to get a move on rebuilding my portfolio and start photographing what I am passionate about!
- Blog before/after pics of our house. I have been getting quite a few questions about when I am going to post pics of our new house. They are coming soon! We are finally getting all of the finishing touches done on the house, I just need to take the pics!
- Start brainstorming a styled session. Oh goodness guys. For some reason this one scares me! I love styled sessions, but it is always so hard for me to get started on them! Trying to be intentional about setting aside time to really brainstorm about what I want.
September is going to be a fabulous month! What are you looking forward to in September?